Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Engagement Anniversary

Last night I was looking through old pictures while I cleared off my work laptop and realized today is the 3rd anniversary of when Andy and I got engaged. I know that's not a REAL celebration, but I became amazed all of a sudden that it's been such a long time. We met in December and went on a few dates before I went home for Christmas, and then when I got back the first week of January he was there to pick me up at the airport with roses. Really by valentine's day we had decided we were going to get married. April he flew out to Utah to meet my family. May 14th he took me sailing with Captain Joe. I knew Andy had the ring because I could see the outline of the little box in his cargo pant pockets, and he kept touching it every 5 seconds to make sure it was still there. I was so antsy for him to pop the question, but it never came. When we got off of the boat at sundown, he knelt down on the pier, pulled out the box, and told me he'd like to try out "for better or worse, sickness and health, and whatever else they say." It was perfect, and I of course, said YES! My hands were so sunburned that they were swollen and the ring barely fit, but I still couldn't take my eyes off of it for at least a month. It was a perfect day.
Sailing in MD. Picture taken by Captain Joe.

When Andy went to meet my family for the first time, they greeted us with a huge sign and leis. Very embarrassing.