Saturday, May 10, 2008

Friday - Last Day of Work

Yesterday was officially my last day of work. Technically I still have to work this weekend and Monday because I'm not finished with everything I had wanted to accomplish, but otherwise I'm officially a stay at home mom. Friday three of my favorite co-workers took me out to lunch at a fancy little place that used to be a bank but was converted into a restaurant. The food was amazing, and then they took me to this fun little nursery to buy me a goodbye gift. They bought me two huge flower pots that are the prettiest color ever, and a bunch of flowers to fill them. When I came home there was a gorgeous bouquet on the front door steps with a sweet note from the two managers I've worked for over the last several years. They're the best company and I'm really going to miss them.

This is to show you how big the flower pot really is.

This is just because Calvin is so stinkin' adorable

These are the flowers I planted. They'll be much prettier when they've all filled in.
This is my bouquet from the two managers I've worked for.


This morning I went into the office while it was empty to finish clearing out my office. This afternoon I had my exit interview with HR. It's kind of bittersweet. I feel like it's been a drawn out process because I gave 6 weeks notice so that we would have time to find and train someone new, so I'm glad it's finally over. But the other part of me can't believe it's really done. So for better or worse, it's on to a new chapter of my life.