Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bikes

Andy makes fun of me that I like yard sales. I think they're awesome. You never know what you'll find. Sure you have to dig through a lot of junk to find a treasure, but I find it oh so therapeutic and enjoyable. Like these bikes I got last summer. Practically brand new at $20 each.

My stake (church area) is doing a mini-triathlon in August that I stupidly signed up for, so we had just pulled out the bikes and dusted them off when we walked into Costco (my sister-in-law Bek calls it "The $100 Store" because you can't leave it without spending 100 bucks) and saw this beauty sitting there. We couldn't resist. The kids love the ride, and I love that I can get a bit of a work out with the kids contained, even when Andy is out of town.

Our first ride started out great, until Autumn tried holding Calvin's hand. He kept screaming at her to stop, and moving as far away from her as he could get in the tiny space. By the time we got home, he was smashed as small as he could get into the corner screeching shrilly with the girl lying on top of him stroking his arm. Ahh, family bonding. 6/26

4 comments:

Smith Clan said...

Ahhhh! Brings back so many happy memories of my own 2 bonding. So funny.

Emma said...

H - at least they get along now though right? Please tell me it won't be like this forever. :-)

Smith Clan said...

Mine usually play so well together now that I am not invited into their secret club. Nice, but sad, since I'm not numero uno all the time anymore.

MaryRuth said...

hey... I like your bike thingy... how much was it? Can I buy it on Costco.com?