Wednesday, April 30, 2008
- rode four wheelers
- attended an auction
- caught a snapping turtle
- chased an escaped pig
- ate Amish Friendship Bread
- ate a big southern breakfast the way only Connie Jean can make it
- took a hike
- watched a cow give birth
- saw david's new house
- went rat shooting
- got lost in West Virginia (bad Jen!)
- played with cute little calves
- saw two sad dead calves
- attended a fireside
- met the "double headed dragon"
My Dad playing with the snapping turtle. They caught it for some guy in town who likes to eat them. It made me nervous that my dad was telling us how their jaws were strong enough to snap your finger in half, yet he seemed completely unconcerned that he had the crazy thing by the tail.
Carrie looks like she's offering the boys a ride - we won't discuss what kind...
Bek is the only person who can be pregnant, in work boots, cooking on the grill and still look adorable. I would kill for her skin and lashes.
Jen and Carrie's engagement photo shoot.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Calvin screamed for an hour on our drive, so we pulled over to see if he was hungry. While we were at the rest stop, he wouldn't eat, he just kept smiling and jumping around in the van. His daddy let him play with the steering wheel and he got so excited every time a car zoomed by. He seems to love anything that drives.
We pushed him around in this little car and he loved it. He laughed and had a great time. I think we have a little NASCAR star in the making.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Me: I'm sad. I feel like I know it’s the right thing to break up with this boy, but I wanted him to chase me down and beg me not to go.
Sarah: He wanted to chase you, but he knew he wasn’t good enough, so he had to let you go without making you feel sorry for him.
I'm so sad that she's gone and that we don't know what happened. I don't think the ducklings hatched because there were no egg remnants, it doesn't seem likely that she moved them, and if she had been attacked it seems like there would have been signs of a struggle or pieces of eggs. Sad. I loved that duck. I checked on her a dozen times a day and couldn't wait for the babies to hatch. Wherever she is, by some crazy chance, I hope she and her babies are okay.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Calvin loved eating outside. He thought it was so exciting!
Andy, the master chef.
A cute shot of David.
Carrie built this cool pyramid out of blocks. Look closely and you can see all of the names inside. (She put the BOONE's so it doesn't include Andy, but really it was just because she ran out of D's. Sorry Andrew).
Three sweet boys all ready for church.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
I'm just now reveling in the absolute silence, so I thought I would write a pointless and uninteresting blog post. This picture was from earlier this week when he was sweet and adorable. Today he's a crazy, headache causing mutant boy that I swear I don't know. He doesn't seem sick or in pain, he just seems like he let himself get so tired that he can't function properly. Hopefully he'll sleep like a log tonight and get back into his adorable little boy groove. Here's looking forward to a better tomorrow!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
"When they came for the communists, I was silent, because I was not a communist;
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Thanks for the adorable outfit and shoes, Riah and Curits. You guys are the BEST!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Another month has come and gone in the blink of an eye. You continue to change so quickly and each day brings uncharted territory for me and your daddy. While so much has happened, here are the most notable accomplishments of the past month:
- You have always stared at people until they look at you, but now you've started coughing to get people's attention. You'll do your fake little cough until someone notices, and then you will flash your biggest smile.
- You have started trying solid foods. Your favorite thing is banana flavored rice cereal, but most of it and anything else we feed you ends up covering your face, shirt, and chair.
- You continue to add new vocubulary words to your jabbering. I'm not sure why, but you talk more to daddy than you do anyone else. I think it's because he enunciates and talks to you like a grown-up, while mommy just copies your silly jabber.
- You've learned to hug. You wrap your pudgy arms tightly around our neck and lay your head on our shoulder. It tugs at our heart strings every time.
- You have developed the unfortunate skill of screeching loudly and shrilly everytime you don't get what you want, exactly when you want it.
- You've learned how to sit up and play all by yourself. You do it more each day and keep getting stronger and stronger.
- You have started giving large, open-mouthed kisses. Who would have thought that being slobbered on could be so heart-warming and adorable?
- Sometimes when I put in your crib at night, you will wait until I reach down to kiss you goodnight and then grab firmly onto my hair so I can't stand up. You're a very clever boy, Calvin. Oh yeah, and very strong.
- Your favorite time of day is first thing in the morning. You give me a huge smile when I go to pick you up out of your crib - like you've been waiting all night to see me - and then you coo and play for hours before getting semi-cranky for the rest of the day.
We are so grateful that five months ago today you came to live in our home. We love you, Calvin!