Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Late Night Laundry

Tonight I was downstairs working when I heard Calvin choking over the monitor. I ran as fast as I could upstairs and by the time I reached his room his bed was covered in vomit. He was crying and dazed. He had no clue what was going on. I pulled him out of bed so that I could change his sheets and wash the bars of his crib, and within minutes he was running around the house, thrilled to be up and about so late. This picture was taken at midnight as he watched his blankets being washed. Don't even think about trying to make him go back to bed without them.

Then at about 12:30 his daddy came home from a trip and that quadrupled the hyperactivity. For over an hour he was running back and forth to check on his blankets in the laundry room and to watch his bed being stripped and scoured. He never did show any other signs of being sick, and it was a sleepy, content little boy that we finally tucked back into bed at almost 2am. I took pictures of the vomitous mess of his bed as well - it seemed like a good idea at the time - but I'll spare you those.
4/8

No comments: