Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nanny Carrie



Yesterday I went back to work after two months of maternity leave. I cried all the way to work and tried to remember all of the reasons why I thought it would be a good idea to leave my sweet baby for a stupid job. The only consolation I have at this point is that I have Carrie living with me, and I have rarely seen anyone who is as good with children as she is. In fact, after only one day of leaving them together, when I came home from work, Calvin would smile and stare at her and wouldn't look at me. Traitor. I'm glad Calvin likes her, but I'll be honest, if I ever come home and Andy only looks and smiles at her - she's fired.
It's fun to have Carrie here. She's a very positive and effervescent person. She's already added a lot to our home, and we are so lucky to have her taking care of our most important treasure.