Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ready to Go

Today I said to Calvin "Let's get your shoes on so we can go bye-bye" and then I left the room to find his shoes. When I came back into the room 2 minutes later, he had grabbed Daddy's shoes and gotten himself ready to go without my help.
In this one you can see his fat lip. Yesterday we were playing a game and I was chasing him with a little musical push toy. He was laughing and looking behind him when he tripped and hit the corner of the stereo speaker, busting his lip open. He sobbed for much longer than he usually does and there was a lot of blood, but it didn't look like it needed stitches, so I just ice-packed it. By the end of the day he had a huge white canker sore on his lip and it looked very painful. This morning he was playing on the slide with his dad, tripped, and busted his lip open again. I thought it was the same cut, but when I looked closely, it was an entirely new cut. That one was kind of funny because he didn't cry, he just kept running and sliding. He was literally choking on blood, but laughing at the same time. Bizarre kid. By the end of the night he had a new canker sore on his new cut.

No comments: