Saturday, March 2, 2013

Secret Projects

Lately I've been exhausted and anti-social. I have let relationships lapse. I have become a hermit. I am a let-down to myself and others. All  because I've been working on a lot of secret projects.

Lots of Writing:

I finished and submitted the article I worked on all last year. It was accepted by the editor, but the jury is still out on the publisher. My fingers, toes, hair--everything!--are crossed that it makes it. Also, I was invited to join a writing group. We meet once a week. It's been hard to keep up with, but it's been really rewarding and fun as well.

I'm also in charge of two family newsletters and lots of church projects and reporting for the Primary. 

Lots of House Projects:

I'm trying to get a huge to-do list finished. Some projects because they're loose ends that have been driving me crazy forever, and some because I've got new bees in my bonnet as my house is finally clean and manageable for the first time EVER.

 Mariah helping me paint. 

A sneak peak. 

Lots of Munchkins:

The Boy and Girl never run out of energy. Seriously, never. They chatter non-stop. They want to play non-stop. They run me ragged. But, of course, it's the best kind of tired to be. They are at such fun ages, and I adore them.

 Autumn and her bestie, McKenna

Calvin as the ever inventive Mario

And ESPECIALLY,

Lots of Growing a Baby:

Baby Boy is due July 7th. He looks healthy, and he is a mover. Between kids climbing on me on the outside and him kicking me from the inside, I feel like over-used playground equipment.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or because of the previously mentioned projects, but seriously, this little guy is doing me in.

But, I couldn't be more thrilled. I love him already, and we can't wait to meet him.


 The baby is the main reason I've been pushing myself on the other projects. Life as I know it feels like a limited time luxury. So, if I've been neglecting you, please don't take it personally. I'm a zombie right now, and I promise I'll make it up to you when I re-enter the world of the living.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'm so excited for you guys to have another baby! Congratulations!