Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Lesson in Sleep Deprivation

To all of you who thought it might be cute to kidnap and keep Calvin, let me tell you about today. He woke up at 6:30am (after being awake at 12:00, 1:30, 3:45, and 5:00) and played for 30 minutes before screeching loudly and shrilly for an hour... I won't bore you with ALL of the details, just know that the pattern was the same until we left for church at 2:00. He looked around and got as many people to smile at him as possible, before screaming intermittently from 2:45 - 4:30. We finally left church early to give him a nap. Nada. He just went back to screeching shrilly until 7:00 when he slept for 30 minutes. Took him on a stroller ride at 8:30 to kill time until bed time. We ran home early because, you guessed it, more screeching. I fed him and put him to bed at 9:45, finally looking forward to some peace and quiet. He screamed until 10:40.

I'm just now reveling in the absolute silence, so I thought I would write a pointless and uninteresting blog post. This picture was from earlier this week when he was sweet and adorable. Today he's a crazy, headache causing mutant boy that I swear I don't know. He doesn't seem sick or in pain, he just seems like he let himself get so tired that he can't function properly. Hopefully he'll sleep like a log tonight and get back into his adorable little boy groove. Here's looking forward to a better tomorrow!