Another month has come and gone in the blink of an eye. You continue to change so quickly and each day brings uncharted territory for me and your daddy. While so much has happened, here are the most notable accomplishments of the past month:
- You have always stared at people until they look at you, but now you've started coughing to get people's attention. You'll do your fake little cough until someone notices, and then you will flash your biggest smile.
- You have started trying solid foods. Your favorite thing is banana flavored rice cereal, but most of it and anything else we feed you ends up covering your face, shirt, and chair.
- You continue to add new vocubulary words to your jabbering. I'm not sure why, but you talk more to daddy than you do anyone else. I think it's because he enunciates and talks to you like a grown-up, while mommy just copies your silly jabber.
- You've learned to hug. You wrap your pudgy arms tightly around our neck and lay your head on our shoulder. It tugs at our heart strings every time.
- You have developed the unfortunate skill of screeching loudly and shrilly everytime you don't get what you want, exactly when you want it.
- You've learned how to sit up and play all by yourself. You do it more each day and keep getting stronger and stronger.
- You have started giving large, open-mouthed kisses. Who would have thought that being slobbered on could be so heart-warming and adorable?
- Sometimes when I put in your crib at night, you will wait until I reach down to kiss you goodnight and then grab firmly onto my hair so I can't stand up. You're a very clever boy, Calvin. Oh yeah, and very strong.
- Your favorite time of day is first thing in the morning. You give me a huge smile when I go to pick you up out of your crib - like you've been waiting all night to see me - and then you coo and play for hours before getting semi-cranky for the rest of the day.
We are so grateful that five months ago today you came to live in our home. We love you, Calvin!