Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Night on the Beach

Tonight the boy pulled out all of the beach towels and curtains from the linen closet, spread them out, and declared it a beach. I helped him arrange them more nicely, stretching from my bedroom, down the hall, and into the kitchen and then he ran back and forth across the towels screeching for over an hour.

And then he ran around the house hiding from me and slamming doors.

And then he jumped on the ottoman like it was a trampoline.

And then he ran back and forth slamming into the walls of the hallway yelling "hicko!" as he hit one wall and "tunnel!" as he hit the other. He calls the hallway "the tunnel" (carpet is "grass"). No idea what hicko is, but he thought it was so much fun. I swear he'll have bruises all over his shoulders tomorrow.

Tonight he was super hyper and I was so happy to put him in bed. I love that his imagination is running wild these days - even if it does involve a lot of messes.

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

that's so cute... when I come to your house can we have a beach??