Saturday, February 1, 2014

Aysha's Baptism

This morning we got up early (for a Saturday) to go to Aysha's baptism. As we drove there, Calvin yelled, "I don't wanna get baptized. Please don't make me get baptized!" I said, "It's your choice. You don't have to unless you want to." To which he promptly responded, "okay, I choose no!"

During the baptism Grandma told a story of how the Holy Ghost is just like Pinocchio's friend Jiminy Cricket who helps us make good choices and can't go along with us into bad places. She asked why the Holy Ghost doesn't have a body. Autumn yelled, "probably because he's just a puppet!"

We haven't seen a lot of the family since Thanksgiving because everyone's been sick and busy, so it was a lot of fun to see everyone and spend time together. We took family pictures. I'll post one when I get a copy from Alicia (hint, hint!), and after the baptism we went to Grandma's house for brunch. The kids ended up staying and playing for hours because we couldn't drag them away. Grandma brought them home late in the afternoon, complete with felt hats she'd sewn for them because they asked her to. I need to get a picture of those as well. But until then, here are some of my favorites from the day:

Grandma and Grandpa with a bunch of little girls:

Calvin and Miriam playing with my phone:

The church clothes* the kids all got from Brown Grandma for Christmas:
 *Funny story. When Calvin opened his new suit on Christmas, he said, "What is this?" I said, "Grandma got you new Church clothes." He said, "Ugh. Didn't you tell her that I hate church?" So yeah, we're teaching our kids so well. I had asked Grandma for new church clothes because they needed them more than toys. She didn't get to be the fun grandma this year.

Cute/blurry picture that Calvin took of Nicky: 

No comments: