Today is a big milestone - 6 months old already! Tomorrow you're up for another round of shots, you've managed to sleep through a few nights, and you look so different every day. You just keep changing. We love your precocious little personality and we can already barely keep up with your energy level. Some milestones for this month:
- You are so close to crawling. You can roll across the entire floor and push yourself backwards. We're just waiting for you to figure out how to propel yourself forward. Daddy is really trying hard to teach you, but mommy holds you back because I can't handle you screeching with frustration, so I pick you up. Sorry to stump your growth already, little guy.
- You have an infectious laugh, and the funniest things strike your funny bone. We often look like idiots as we try everything we can think of to get a giggle out of you.
- You love being outside. You and I have started going outside right when we wake up. The world is still quiet and sleepy, but the yard is full of birds and squirrels. You will laugh as they come up close to the back steps, and then you yell loudly at them and look disappointed when they fly/run quickly away.
- You are now able to stand up while holding on to furniture. When we hold your fingers, you can walk with one foot in front of the other. You love being mobile, and get so impatient with us any time we try to make you sit still. Especially in your car seat, at church, or when we don't have any energy left to play.
- Whenever you get excited, your whole body stiffens, your arms pump up and down, and your little fists shake from being clenched so tightly. It is so incredibly adorable.
- Since your half-birthday is on Cinco de Mayo, we had a little fiesta and let you have a tiny sip of a pina colada (virgin, of course!)
You are so different than anything we ever imagined. You are spunky and fun and so particular about who you want and what you want to be doing at any given moment. You get impatient sometimes with us and want us to move you on to bigger and better, but a dozen times a day, you'll wrap your arms around our necks, lay your head on our shoulders, and give us a big open-mouthed kiss on the face. It's like you're trying to say, "I know I'm a pain, but remember how cute I am too?" It works every time.
Happy half-birthday Calvin! We're so thankful that 6 months ago today you came to live in our home.
Mom and Dad