Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baby McKenna

On Friday my sister Mariah delivered a beautiful baby girl after only 4 hours of labor. Don't hate her ladies, I'm sure she has other challenges in life. McKenna is tiny and darling. She was 7lbs 14oz and 19 inches long and has adorable red curly hair (can't really tell from the pictures). Apparently she eats and sleeps like a dream and is a very pleasant baby.

The day she was born, I got really sad and jealous that I still have so long left. The next day when I actually held her I had a panic attack and told Andy there was no way I was going to be ready for a baby in 9 weeks. I have issues. When I held her, Calvin whimpered the whole time, and about 5 minutes into our visit with them at the hospital, he started waving, and saying "bye, bye!" as he rushed for the door. He was done. He's just not so much into this whole baby thing.

Congratulations Mariah and Curtis! We can't wait to see how you cope, and we'll miss your calls at 9pm inviting us to go out to eat where we say, ummm, we ate dinner at 4pm and our kid is already in bed. Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting!

No comments: