Tuesday, September 8, 2009

San Francisco - Day 3 (August 31)

This morning we got up early to get ready so I could catch my flight. Right when we were ready to leave the hotel, Andy got a call from Delta saying that my flight had been delayed for 2.5 hours. We decided to stop and get something for lunch, so we pulled off of a random exit on the way to the airport. Whatever this neighborhood was, it was how I imagined San Francisco to be. It had an artsy feel to it, with eclectic and colorful buildings and clean streets. We found this little Thai restaurant, and it was some of the best food I've ever had. Delicious.

Andy left me at the airport and then headed back to the city for a week of work. I was really sad to go. It sounds cliche', but it's so great being married to my best friend. We had a lot of fun together, and we talked about me staying longer. But as much as I wanted to spend the week feeling carefree with quiet meals and uninterrupted sleep, I missed my little guy even more. I couldn't wait to see him. After spending a day at airports and on the plane, arriving three hours later than I had been scheduled, it was all worth it when Calvin squealed in excitement and gave me the hardest, tightest hug when he saw me. It was a great vacation and I'm lucky to have a husband who insists on whisking me away. I'm also lucky to have the sweetest toddler to come home to after it's over.

No comments: