Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brunch

Today I had a brunch for some old friends from work. One of them has been living in Spain, and while she was back for a month, we all decided to get together and catch up. I think the food turned out well, and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was really fun to see everyone and it made me miss work. Just a little bit.

Speaking the other day of my good friend Herr Eric Carle, Sarah brought Calvin a present today. A set of Eric Carle books called All Around Us. He loves them already.

My friend Tara brought a beautiful tin of Campanulas that I can enjoy inside for a few weeks, and then plant outside. Perennials are the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm annoyed that I forgot to take pictures while everyone was here, so you just get the pre-party table. We had hashbrown casserole, bananas foster french toast, chocolate zucchini bread, and a mint amaretto melon salad. Oh yeah, and don't forget the bacon. Delicious.