Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ruthie Birthday Party

I'm way behind in my blogging, so this is my attempt to catch up. While we were in Utah, we celebrated MaryRuth's birthday as well. She was jealous of my canyon idea, so we had to think creatively for hers. We ended up eating french dip sandwiches - an amazing recipe I got from my friend Amber - and breaking a pink Disney princess pinata (the only one I could find at that particular store). It was a lot of fun, and it was great to be able to celebrate the day with family. We were sad Ruthie's husband couldn't be there with us, but I'm sure her little guy enjoyed the excitement of a bumpy ride as his mom jumped around, going all ninja with a baseball bat on the princesses.
Maria displaying Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora. She was thrilled with the pinata selection.

Ruthie and her sledge hammer.

The best and worst part of the game was Jared's enthusiasm in yanking the rope up and down so that absolutely no one could get a shot in.

Calvin and Andy hitting the pinata. (the white trash looking twine and crooked pinata are because I hit the rope so hard that it broke off the tip of the castle, but nothing else.