Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Autumn Walk

Adorable snuggly fall outfit compliments of Auntie Bekah.

Everything is less fun when Daddy's gone. Calvin and I try to keep the routine - after dinner we go on a walk, play on the swings, have bath time, read 2 stories, and go to bed (without Daddy growling and chasing Calvin, who screeches and bounces in my arms in anticipation of being caught and tickled. We do this every night. It's kind of a depressing bedtime walk without it).

Tonight while we were on a walk there were dozens of clouds of gnats and mosquitoes hanging low over the trail. They would swarm around Calvin's head, so I would swat back and forth, trying to shoo them away. He watched me like I was crazy the first two times, but before I could do anything at the next swarm, he started swinging his little arm over his head, swatting them away on his own. The next cloud, his arm went up again and this time was accompanied by his head shaking back and forth. Soon after a few groups of bugs, he just went to shaking his head vigorously back and forth any time he saw anything flying.

About half way home, I think he forgot why he had originally started, and just continued swinging his head back and forth all the way home. I was afraid he was going to knock something loose, but he seemed to be having the time of his life.