Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello Old Friend...

Recently Andy downloaded Dr. Mario onto the Wii. For those of you who aren't familiar with the old Nintendo system or its games, it is an insanely addictive version of Tetris where you stack pills by color and try to eliminate viruses. I have mentioned before that I'm not really into computer games -- except for this one.

In fact, when I was in a high school and dating a slightly older man (okay, thirteen years older but it totally wasn't my fault) who was a computer programmer, he wrote me my own Tetris game and I would stay up into the wee hours every night trying to better my score. Luckily it was the last half of my senior year and my suffering school work didn't matter much by that point anyway. I finally had to lock it up in order to get rid of the obsession.

So as a flashback of the wonderful, free-spirited days of being teenagers, Andy and I have been staying up until about 2am every night playing this game until our eyes are practically bleeding and our brains are numb. When playing against Andy I only win about 1 in 12 games, but I love it just as much as I always have. Sadly there is a child who finds himself with two parents who are hard to wake up in the mornings, but it's some of the most fun Andy and I have ever had together, just hanging out playing a silly game.