Saturday, January 31, 2009

Itty Bitty Mullet

He's business in the front, and a party in back (I've always wanted to say that).

It's official - Calvin is sporting a mullet.

Andy and I have been dueling for months over the boy's hair. He thinks it's too long, and I can't bear to part with his precious curls. Andy's parent's are coming to visit us in two weeks, and I swore I wouldn't cut it before then because they've always been on my side about his adorable hair, but lately I find myself a bit embarrassed in public that he looks like such an unkempt little orphan.

Today we compromised. The front and sides go, the curls get to stay until after his grandparents have visited. It's cute on him though, and it is nice that he doesn't have to peer out at us from underneath the hair falling in his eyes. Here are the before and afters:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

(Sorry about the piece of oatmeal cookie on his face)