Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Cousin Birthday

Calvin's cousin Joey had his 1st birthday this past week, and his parents flew in from Texas to have a birthday party with all of his grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles from both sides of the family. The birthday party was a cowboy theme, complete with barbecue, hay ride, arm wrestling, and searching for candy and pennies in the hay. Here are a few pictures from the day:

Calvin and the girls. (the day after, he said their names over and over and over. He's starting to enjoy them, I think. )

All ready for the hay ride.

At this point in the hay ride, Calvin came up to me and kept saying "I fun. I fun." I said, "you're having fun?" and he nodded and repeated, "I fun!" I loved it.

Double licking.

The cute old man driving the tractor pulled over by a field of sheep so that the kids could get down and feed them hay. One of them had a nasty bloody nose, and my niece Maria yelled, "don't pick your nose!" They all had a great time feeding the animals.

Grandma getting the food ready.

Birthday boy and his cake.

Calvin's favorite thing is helping his grandpa feed the chickens. On the way back, he was holding his grandpa's hand, and then just went limp and dropped to the ground. I think he wanted Grandpa to swing him, or maybe he was just tired....

What he wasn't expecting was for grandpa to pick him up by the scruff of his neck to carry him in. He thought it was hilarious.

The cowboy boot pinata.

Finishing up the night with hot chocolate and roasted marshmallows.

Thanks for a great party, MR! We all had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

Oooh I love your pictures! Can't wait to add them to my collection!

Thanks for coming and making the day special!