Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Good Night's Sleep

Last night when we put Calvin in his bed, he didn't even cry, he went straight to sleep. He slept from 10:30 - 4:30, and then after I fed him, he went to sleep until 8:00am. It was like a dream come true. The doctor said not to feed him AT ALL during the night because he needs to learn to eat a lot at bedtime and a lot for breakfast instead, but I think that's just mean. Why would you go from feeding a kid every 2-3 hours, and then force him to go 7 or so hours without eating?

The first week of crib training was one of the very worst of my life. I hate listening to him scream, knowing that I could just pick him up and make it better. But then today for naps he was great and then when we put him in his crib tonight, he went to sleep in 3 minutes. He's really gotten the hang of this bedtime thing. He seems to be happier and more talkative lately, so I can only assume that having him on a schedule is working miracles.