Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poor Neglected Blog

Things have been really busy lately, and I haven't been doing well at keeping things updated. Here are the highlights of the last week:

  • Andy is in Vegas for a conference and seems to be enjoying himself. He didn't call or respond to any of my attempts to contact him last night, so when he called me early this morning (before or after he went to bed?) it was somewhat alarming that the first thing he said was, "I lost my wedding ring." He found it, and I trust him completely, but Vegas, no contact, and absent wedding rings are a bad combination. Tonight he couldn't talk because he was at the motor raceway with the guys. We miss him, but I'm glad he's having fun.
  • I've been painting, scrubbing, and de-wasping our new house all week. I now have the perfect yellow laundry room. Pictures to follow.
  • I'm working full-time again, which sucks. I'm covering for two ladies at my former job who are both out for maternity leave at the same time. I like the finance department, it's kind of fun, but overall it's a lot of hours and I don't miss having much less going on.
  • Calvin has been spending a lot of time with his aunts, uncles, cousins, the horse, and the trampoline. He's having the time of his life.
  • I met with some people in the graduate program I'm trying to get into, with a positive response. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • I backed my dad's new truck into a basketball pole. It was his birthday present.

Here are some pictures from today.

Cute niece, Maria

BFF'S reunited
Grandma, Calvin, and Sailor the Horse
Carrie would bounce Calvin on the tramp really high, and he would laugh as he went flailing all over the place.


Grandpa, Aysha, and Aby