Thursday, September 4, 2008

Protecting our Home

Yesterday our frog came to visit, climbing the back wall and roosting above the door jam. He turned a weird white color and we were worried that he was going to die up there. I think he was just showing his appreciation by protecting our home, blending into the wall color and threatening to jump on anyone who came to harm us. Andy thanked him by dousing him with water, poking him with a stick, and practically stepping on him as he hopped away toward freedom. (He just wanted Calvin to see it move. Besides, it probably wasn't even the same frog.)


In other news, this is my favorite picture of Calvin in a long time. Lately he thinks that his dad and I are hilarious. I can't remember what we were doing, but I love this picture of him cackling. Zoom in so you can see the face.