Monday, June 1, 2009

Back at the Homestead

I have re-entered the world of the gainfully employed for so many reasons that aren't even remotely interesting, so I won't dwell on them here. The point is, I had to come back to DC this week for some training. Andy worked it out so that he could have meetings in the area as well, so we were all able to fly together. We have spent a few days at Andy's parent's house, and left Calvin with them to be babysat the few days when we had work to do. This is our first night here, and Calvin was already in heaven.

Sliding down the slide on the hill in the backyard (later in the week they turned a hose on, and he had his own little water slide).
Wading his feet in the pool with daddy.

Running down the small town roads where there's no traffic to worry about.

Looking at the mini horses with Grandma.

Sticking his fingers in the nose of another mini horse.
The horses were so cute. There were several new babies and even the adults were so small that Calvin could go right up and be face to face with them. His grandparents help the woman who owns them, so we were able to go in and visit over a dozen of them.

1 comment:

Renee' said...

I'm a friend of your sister MaryRuth. We used to work together in Spokane Washington at a scrapbook store. I just adore your blog, as I have a house with nothing but boys myself, I sure get a kick out of reading about all of your fun things going on w/your son. I just have one little question. Did you guys ever get to sell your house on the east coast? I'm just curious like that, ask your sister. Keep up the great work on your blog. It's wonderful.

Renee' Hicks