I have been negligent lately in blogging about you. The only excuse I have is that you are so entertaining, I spend so much time being with you that I rarely have time to write about you. You are growing up so quickly lately. It's hard to keep up with it all. Here are some of my favorite things about you this month.
- Whenever you sneeze, you look at me to do a fake sneeze. You inhale over and over with me, and then laugh when I let out a huge sneeze.
- You love "smelling" flowers. I'm sure it's because you've seen us do it, but you stick it right under your nose and then breath quickly in and out over and over again. You never really inhale the scent, just breath all over the poor flower.
- For Mother's Day we went to church with Grandma B and during the quietest part of the meeting (sacrament), I pulled out a book for you to look at. It was a book of animals, and it was dead silent when you started saying, BAA! MOO! ROARRR! MEOW! and ADOO! (cock-a-doodle-doo) in your loudest voice. Everyone around us was cracking up.
- Words you now use on a regular basis in addition to your old words:
Aine - plane
phunt - elephant
wha is - what's this?
and we've been working with your on your shapes. Your favorite one is Obull (oval), but you also say curkell (circle), care (square), and both triangle and rectangle are simply "gull". You'll pick up shapes all over the house and run to tell us what each one is.
- We have several animal books that we'll look through, and any time we say an animal name or sound, you can point to which one it is - with the exception of "owl." Any time we say it, you'll just look at us and watch our mouth move, and then shape your little mouth in an "ow" sound like you're feeling what the word would sound like on your tongue. You've done this for months and still haven't tried it out loud yet.
- You have known for months how to climb to the top of the playground set, but then you'd wait for us to come help you slide down. You will now sit down on your own, situate your legs, and then push yourself down the slide, landing on your feet at the bottom.
- When we watch your favorite shows, you will "sing" along with the music, full of enthusiasm.
- Sometimes randomly, you'll pull me close and either give me a big wet kiss, or else press your forehead or cheek to my mouth for me to give you a kiss. It melts my heart every time.
- In the mornings you get up much earlier than your dad or I think you should, so we pull you into bed with us, give you a cup of milk, and turn on Baby Einstein. You will sit quietly for about 5 minutes before you start singing loudly, kicking us in the ribs, or bouncing on your bottom on top of one of our heads. It is never a peaceful time, but it is one of your cutest times of the day.
- Your dad has been teaching you to jump. You'll stand in one place, squat low, and then seem to muster all of your strength before quickly straightening your knees. You rarely leave the ground at all, but you're always so proud of yourself.
- You love to preen in the big mirror in our room. You love looking at yourself from head to toe and smiling. Recently you've started running into the bedroom any time we get you undressed for the bath, and you'll suck in your stomach, turn yourself around, and otherwise admire your little naked body. Your favorite thing to look at and poke at is your belly-button.
- I think you're the only kid in the whole world that laughs at nap time and bed time because you are so excited to be going to sleep. You are very strict about your schedule, and if we slack at all, you will grab your blankets and go stand by your bed. You love your sleep.
We love you!
Mom and Dad