Saturday, May 23, 2009

In Loving Memory

Today I attended the funeral of my cousin. He and I weren't terribly close, but growing up I was very close to his sister and dad, so it was an emotional day. Usually I really enjoy funerals. I know that sounds morbid, but I love that hundreds of people gather together to celebrate the life and accomplishments of someone they loved. This one was rough. Nathaniel was 34 years old and was killed unexpectedly in a car accident, leaving behind a young wife

and three children under the age of 7.

The strength of his wife was amazing, and even though it was terribly sad and painful, there was a feeling of hope that permeated everything. I have questions about a lot of things, but one thing I believe very strongly is that life doesn't end with death. I feel absolutely positive that our loved ones remain close and that we'll have the chance to see them again someday. I love that knowledge - life would be so bleak without it. Rest in peace, my friend.