Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Battle of Wills

Typical males, both staring at the t.v. - Andy shooting people, and Calvin with the remote trying to change it to Baby Einstein.




For those of you who have heard this story, just ignore it. The other day I was on the couch on my laptop. The television was off and Calvin was across the room playing with his toys. All of a sudden he crawled across the room, climbed up to the coffee table, pulled the two correct controllers - one for the dvd player, one for the tv - out of our basket of four remotes, scooted over to where I was sitting, handed them to me, and then stared patiently at the blank tv screen waiting for me to turn on Baby Einstein.

I like to think that this scenario proves that my child is a genius rather than that I'm turning him into a junkie. He really doesn't watch it that much, I promise!