Friday, August 1, 2008

Surprise Packages

Today we received TWO surprise packages. One from my sister Mariah, and one from my sister Ruthie. They were both fantastic and greatly appreciated. Here's what they included:

Earlier this year Mariah sent Calvin a pair of green plaid shorts. I'm sure you've seen them in MANY pictures, because he wears them all the time. They are loose and comfortable, easy to put on, and they go with almost anything. A couple of weeks ago, I was telling Mariah how great they were and how we've gotten so much use out of them. So today I opened a package from The Children's Place to find an order Mariah had sent of 2 more pairs in different colors in Calvin's current size, plus 3 pairs that are big enough for him to wear next summer, and three little t-shirts that he can wear now. She's always fighting hard to be the favorite aunt, and just so we're clear, both Calvin's and my affection can be bought. This package was perfect. Thanks Mariah and Curtis!
Calvin posing in his new duds.

Surrounded by a sea of plaid (and a cute lifeguard and surfer t-shirt as well).

More posing.

I love this one of his little face. (Also, you can see one of his teeth in this one, for those of you who have been dying for a glimpse).

A few years ago MR started a scrapbook for my mom that contained random pages of holidays, family get-togethers, and just miscellaneous every day life compilations. It is one of my favorite albums ever, and whenever I go to Utah, I find it and sit down and enjoy it all over again. The great thing about the album is that MR keeps adding to it. She does new pages all the time. Recently I was threatening to steal my mom's book, so she offered to make me copies of the pages. I told her I would get around to copying them all someday but didn't think much about it, and then today in the mail she surprised me with prints of her most recent pages. They are all printed on photo paper from Costco and look fantastic. I couldn't be more excited! Thank you for all of your hard work, and sharing it with me so I can be lazy and not scrapbook myself.
I have the best sisters ever.