Friday, July 4, 2008

He Has a Tooth!





We have been waiting expectantly for Calvin to cut some teeth, and today our dreams finally came true. It happened when I was changing him on the couch and I looked away for two seconds to throw away his diaper, leaving him to topple head first onto the floor between the air mattress and couch. A bare bottom up in the air was all that we could see amidst his screams of distress, so I quickly picked him up and apologized profusely. As he screamed at me for being so careless, I spotted a little sliver of white in his wide open mouth. We ran upstairs to tell his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, and then spent the next 45 minutes trying to force, trick, cajole, or bribe him to open his mouth so we could get a good shot. We never got a great one, but here are some funny ones of us trying. The dark little fingers seen poking sugar water into his mouth, holding his tongue, and squeezing his checks belong to his aunt Annette. She was as relentless as I was in trying to get the moment on film.

Congratulations Calvin on cutting your first tooth!