Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sad Sunday

Today is Sunday and we're back home, sad to have seen the weekend go by so quickly. I turned on my laptop for the first time this evening and found an email from Annette that summed up how I was feeling. I didn't get her permission, but I hope she doesn't mind if I post it here. She said:

It is morning and we're so lonely and it's so very quiet. No Calvin chasing dogs or grills talking or hammers banging or sweet little baby laughs.
We have 2 little spoons that once fed calvin smelly, salty chicken that we hold up and oooo and ahhhh about whenever I am at the sink (And that is A LOT). The sun is out and there is no Calvin going down the slide, splashing in the pool then chattering his gums. Way Way too quiet. Lindsey carried around the plastic hamburger that calvin once flipped on the grill for the rest of the evening.
The downstairs is empty. No Rock Band with high pitched singing coming from the living room floor. Tonight will probobly be chocolate free because it is no fun eating it alone. Back to looking at the blog to get our fill of pics. BooHoo. We miss you. XOXOXO Annette

Danny and Annette - The perfect hosts. Thank you for a magical few days!

Ariana and Lindsey - you couldn't ask for two sweeter nieces. They are beautiful, fun, and spunky and we love spending time with them.

Grandpa and Grandma Nelson - who are generous almost to a fault, and have endless amounts of love and patience for their curious and rambunctious little grandson.

My two boys. I'm sad we didn't get a picture together, but I didn't want any taken of me with my face looking like the Elephant Man. In retrospect, I guess I should have documented it for posterity. Anyway, my cute little family.

I'm so sad today. Isn't it weird that a few years ago, I didn't even know that these people existed, and now they are my family. I love them and miss them and am so sad when our visits are over. I feel blessed to have them in my life, and hope that the memories of a perfect weekend will live on for a very long time.