Thursday, July 24, 2008

This Week I'm Grateful for...

Yes, I'm grateful for Caulk-It. For any of you who have ever struggled with caulking because the gun is too big and awkward to fit into the corners, this is your stuff. Andy just finished putting up our trim and toe-rail, so I'm doing the finishing work. My mom told me about this stuff and I adore it. It's so easy to use, easy to clean up, and simplifies the entire process. I'm a huge fan - maybe for my 8 loyal blog readers, I should offer my own money back guarantee.

Baby Crack. Calvin's Aunt Annette bought him the entire Baby Einstein series when he was born, and now he's an addict. I don't want him to watch a lot of tv ever, let alone when he's just a baby, so I try to limit it, but sometimes it's too hard to resist getting something done for 23.5 minutes while he's completely engrossed. His favorite is Baby MacDonald. He sits on the floor with his little neck craned back, laughing at the silly cow puppet, and doesn't move his eyeballs away from the screen until the credits roll. Hopefully I'm not giving him A.D.D. by letting him watch it once or twice a day.

Fresh Pennsylvania Produce. When Andy's parents came down last weekend they brought us fresh sweet corn and snap peas from the Mennonite farmer's stands. Hands down the best corn I have EVER tasted, and they brought enough that we've eaten it most days this week. The only thing left to do is ask, do they sell zucchini?

My Family. I know it's cheesy, but this week I've been thinking a lot about how great my family is. We started a tradition several years ago of putting together a family newsletter every two months. This past week as I was compiling all of the entries it was really emotional to read about the last year with Ruthie's invitro, my mom's cancer, and some of the other ways that our family has been so blessed. I feel lucky to have a family that is so tight-knit, and would literally do anything for each other. Big families are drama, but they're a lot of fun too.

My Monkey. I always love the kid, but the last couple of days he has been so sweet. He laughs a lot, talks and growls incessantly, plays on his own a lot but runs after me and his dad every so often just to make sure we're still around, snuggles deep into my lap when I read him books, and takes every possible chance to give me his big slobbery kisses. He loves that he can move on his own now, and seems happy and independent. I am torn between being depressed that he's growing so quickly, and adoring him and his antics more every new day.

My Man. How lucky am I? The man I wake up to every morning is smoking hot, sweet, brilliant, hard working, hilarious, and feels like the most important thing he can do in life is make me happy.

It's good to be me.